Thursday, June 21, 2007

Spring Reading Thing Wrap-Up

The Spring Reading Thing 2007 ends today. Although I found out about it late (with only 9 days left), it was still fun. That's probably obvious, since I'm hosting a Summer Reading Thing, right? (Officially starts tomorrow. Sign up by June 29th to be eligible for the Grand Prize.)

Katrina suggested a list of questions to answer in our wrap-up, so here goes.

What was the best book you read this spring? Since the Harry Potters were re-reads, I have to go with My Not So Fairy-Tale Life by Julie Wright.

Did you try out a new author this spring? If so, which one, and will you be reading that author again? Again, Julie Wright—and most definitely.

If there were books you didn't finish, tell us why. Did you run out of time? Realize those books weren't worth it? I read 4 of the 5 books on my list. I didn't finish New Moonbecause my daughter swiped it. Actually, she had borrowed it from a friend and I swiped it from her while she was away at Girls Camp, and she reclaimed it when she got home.

What was the best part of the Spring Reading Thing? The kick in the pants I needed to get back on track with my reading.

Would you be interested in participating in another reading challenge this fall? A HUGE yes!

This was fun. Thanks, Katrina, for hosting the Spring Reading Thing.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

So glad you decided to jump in to the Spring Reading Thing, Karlene! And I'm looking forward to seeing you for the fall challenge, too!

Jennifer, Snapshot said...

I've been meaning to try out Stephanie Meyer myself. If you and your daughter like to read the same books, you should try out my Read Together challenge this summer. Details are up at my site and signups start on Monday.