Thursday, August 02, 2007

Somebody tagged me...?

Somebody tagged me for one of those memes the other day but I can't remember who it was.

You might be thinking, "Why don't you check your RSS feeds and see who it was, you lazy blogger, you!"

I can't because I am sitting here blogging on a new Mac laptop that I was forced to purchase because my old one is in the process of dying. It's not quite dead yet. It's in the Mac ICU being harvested for body parts. (They are attempting to recover and backup my files.)

I should be really excited about this new computer because it really is snazzy and cool. But I'm sort of bummed because I didn't really have a spare $250 million billion dollars lying around, which is what a new Mac costs these days. So I sit here typing with ambivalent fingers. I can't afford the computer and yet I can't afford not to replace it because that's sort of how I earn my living these days. I don't just use it for blogging, y'know.

And yes, I do need exactly this machine (I got the 15") because when I'm working I have to have about half a dozen complex typesetting and graphics applications open and in use at the same time. Anything less than this model would choke the first time I tried to put it through its paces. I really need the vroom.

So whoever tagged me, please have a little compassion and remind me who you are. Thanks.

Now playing on my iPod: Rainy Days and Mondays (and dead computers) by The Carpenters

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yit mom! that's schnazzy. i wanna come see it

xoxo mel

Kenna said...

omg you bought it. wow. well, i'm jeal. but still, $250 million billion? way overpriced.