Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Yard Sale

Remember that yard sale I talked about having? Well, I think this Saturday is the day. Actually, I had given up on the idea after spending several hours and not making much progress, then having stacks of unsorted crud cluttering my family room and kitchen. Weeks passed. It was hopeless.

Then yesterday, my new computer was still at the shop getting my recovered files transferred over, and tackling my garage just seemed like the thing to do. I started around 8:00 a.m. and quit at 7:30 p.m., with only a half hour break to visit with my daughter for awhile. I have a ginormous stack of stuff to get rid of. When you look in the garage, you can barely tell I've done anything, but still. And since my computer is still in the shop today, I'm thinking I'll call it a week and just finish the garage.

So,
Yard Sale
Saturday, August 11th
7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

(or until all my stuff is gone)

Bring your friends, I'm ready to make a deal.


And even though I've referred to all my stuff as "junk" it's really not--at least, not all of it. I have a lot of home decor and accessories still in the package, never opened. (Don't ask.) I'll have the usual kitchen gadgets, lots of clothes (mostly adult, some teen), and BOOKS (some new). I also will have lots of craft items-- lots of tole wood, tole pattern books, fabric, Sunrise Designs patterns (children's clothes and home decor), etc.

And the place someone will really score is with homeschool supplies. I have boxes of workbooks (K-6) and other things that are going cheap.

I have a few pieces of furniture, not a lot. But I have a huge black wire display suitable for a convention that is worth over $300. I'm letting it go for $100. I also have some wood book display shelving, like the kind you'd see in a school library, that will go really, really cheap. (In fact, make me an offer.)

I'd really like to get rid of all of this stuff, so I'm pricing it cheap. I'm hoping I'll get around to cleaning it all up before Saturday, but it may take me till then just to sort through everything. So if it's a little dusty, it's even cheaper!

If you live anywhere near Pleasant Grove Utah and you'd like to come, shoot me an e-mail and I'll give you directions.

3 comments:

Jen said...

My only suggestion would be to end it by 11-12. All the serious yard salers are out early...if you don't want early birds say so on your sign. Anything left by 12 you should just haul off to DI.

Tristi Pinkston said...

Karlene!!!!

What kinds of workbooks for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade do you have? Shoot me an e-mail and I'll dibs 'em right now.

Candace Salima (LDS Nora Roberts) said...

Karlene,

Email me, please!