Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Horror Like You've Never Heard It Before!

This party game is now closed.

What's the scariest story in the world?

Even worse than stories about vampires and werewolves and other assorted monsters that go bump in the night?


Stories about labor and delivery, that's what!

And it's what every first-time mother wants to hear at her Baby Shower!

Okay, not really. But we're going to regale Bella with our own tales of horror today—whether she likes it or not!

Share your most horrendous labor and/or deliver story in the comments section of this post. It can be your own personal experience or one you've heard about.

Got more than one whale of a tale? Tell them all—one per comment. No limit on the number of comments. Each story = 1 entry for the prize.

Winner will be chosen completely at random and can pick a prize from Edward's Let's Make a Deal post.

DEADLINE: Midnight, November 16th (that gives you almost 48 hours). Winner will be posted & notified on November 17th.

OPEN TO U.S. ENTRIES ONLY.

All participants will also be awarded one entry per story for the Grand Prize, to be awarded Monday, November 22nd. (Grand Prize open to U.S. entries only. Sorry.)

Pssst: Want to earn extra entries for the Grand Prize? Help spread the word! DETAILS HERE.

5 comments:

Evelyn said...

Okay Bella, so when I went into labor with my first child I stayed at home for 5 or so hours because our insurance wouldn't the admitting fee and we didn't want to be admitted and then sent home again. I got there and they were going to send me home because I wasn't dilating, but (luckily) I had a really high fever, so they decided to induce me and get that baby out! It was miserable, but after 7-8 hours or so it was time to push. 20minutes later my girl was born! Unfortunately, my fever was affecting her and so they wouldn't even let me hold her or take her into my room. It was the most horrifying thing to me. They couldn't get her temperature up. It took a couple of days, but they eventually let me hold her and keep her in my room! She's now a healthy 8-year old.

Karlene said...

With my first child, I had my first labor pain at 6:00 a.m. Went to my scheduled doctor's visit that afternoon and he said it was false labor. By that evening, I was having regular and painful contractions.

Went to hospital. They gave me a shot of Demerol and sent me home. Didn't help at all with the pain—but made me too drowsy to do my breathing.

Around midnight, my contractions were 2-4 minutes apart and lasting as long as 2 minutes each. I'm sure our neighbors thought I was being tortured because I was screaming. Loud.

At 6:00 a.m., we went to the hospital again. They were going to send me home but my husband threw a fit and they admitted me and gave me manna from heaven (aka epidural). Contractions continued to be long and hard, but thankfully, I could no longer feel them.

My daughter was born a little after 5:00 p.m.

Total labor time = An excruciating 36 hours.

Anonymous said...

With my daughter I went into pre-term labor at 31 weeks. It was terrible. They had to keep stopping it since her lungs werent developed enough and she probably wouldnt have made it. I was in the hospital until 35 weeks at that point they said if she wanted out they would let her. They let me leave the hospital with strict bedrest since I was dialated to a 4 and 100% efaced. At just over 38 weeks I got a date to be induced at this point in time I was dialated to a 6. I went home and at 11 next morning I went into labor. They had me thinking it would be no time at all since I was close when my water broke. They were WRONG!!!! Thanks to the epidural ( I agree with Karlene). I was in labor for almost 8 hours. Then with a little pushing and a break to find out what color her hair was(I didnt want red and I needed to know before I was done. lol)........my beautiful baby girl was here!!!! It was the greatest moment of my entire life when I first saw her. Things have only gotten better since.

Anonymous said...

Oops...... That was Kandis

Evelyn said...

I LOVE reading the other stories!! Karlene, thanks for sharing such a creative idea...seriously love it!