Saturday, November 26, 2011

What's On Your Tree?

DH and I were married 10 days before Christmas. A dear friend decorated the room for us with Christmas trees and white fairy lights, burgandy poinsettias, cream candles, mauve netting, gold snowflakes.

It was absolutely breath-taking.

After the reception, she boxed everything up and gave us all the Christmas decorations as a wedding gift.
(Those white envelopes are not part of the wedding decorations. It's a family tradition on Christmas morning.)

I love this tree. Every year when I put it up, it reminds me of my wedding—a memory that makes Christmas even more special for me.

But.

After fifteen years, I decided I needed something new. My grandsons are fascinated with the Grinch, ever since Aunt Suan gave them the book, the movie and a Grinch doll for Christmas one year.

And she's also given me a couple of animated Grinches.

So...

Yep. It's a Grinch tree.

Next year, I may go back to my burgandy, mauve and gold tree, but it was fun creating something new!

What's on your tree?

2 comments:

Susan, Misty, and Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy Beck, author said...

Love the Grinch tree. Cute idea! :)

My tree has crocheted teddy bear ornaments made by my mom. Sentimental? Yes! A showpiece tree? Nope, but I wouldn't have it any other way. :)